Medication intake schedule is a set of table or charts which shows the actual intake and number of doses prescribed to a patient by an authentic doctor.
Medication intake schedule is mostly made for patients with some chronic disease which needs long-term treatment and involves several visits to the doctor. On every visit, the physician examines the medication intake schedule and makes changes if needed. On time medication is important for the patient to make sure that the required amount of drug is present in the body to fight against the virus or bacteria causing a certain disease.
Medication intake schedule purpose:
Keeping a track of proper medication includes:
- The patient is taking his proper medicine at regular intervals during the day as prescribed by the doctor. If the medicine is not taken according to prescribed intervals, the level of drug in the blood becomes low to fight against the virus and cannot stop it from multiplying.
- The patient is taking proper doses of the medicine as prescribed by his medical officer.
Uses of medication intake schedule:
A person who is regularly taking medicines shall follow a medication intake schedule, and make it a daily routine, as it helps in the following ways:
- In the case of any consultancy and guidance, it gives you the number of the physician or nurse who is looking after your case.
- It reminds you of the number of doses of a medicine in a single day. If a patient forgets and skips one dosage of medicine, it is okay, but medicines cannot be skipped so regularly.
- It reminds the patient which medicine he is taking and its importance for the treatment.
- On a visit to the physician, the history of the medicines can easily be tracked down.
- Medication intake schedule guides the person about the proper intake of the medicine. Like if the doctor prescribes to take one tablet of medicine in the middle of the meal, it shall be taken according to the prescribed schedule.
How to make a medication intake schedule:
Medication intake schedule can be made in any way that suits the patient in its best way. It might include:
Although medication intake does not seem to be a big deal for most of the people, failing to take proper medication can have a negative impact on an individual’s health and treatment.
Medication intakes have been a troublesome issue for every age as old people forget the dose and children intentionally skip it. Perhaps busy lifestyles do not allow the younger generation to remember timely dosages. This is not an ignorant feature as some medications have to be administered in the proper time for therapeutic effects.
Effective dosage and alterations before to after treatment is the reason for quantitative medication intake. Problems arise when specific medications are missing or when more than one medication interacts negatively. Physicians concern over medication intake.
Different websites offer free templates as pre-formatted medication intake schedule to manage medication intake timings and dosages. These templates will help in
- Taking the right dose at the right time
- Printed schedules are easy to read, and update
- Track the medications smoothly
If you are setting goals to reach an optimum health limit and want to compare it with your results then these templates will aid you in such comparisons. The template offers quick data entry, it is a free reminder and also let you know when to refill the medication box.
This medication intake template is a helpful tool for nurses and physicians, on the other hand, other organizations like schools and companies can also utilize such templates to list the medication intake schedule of patients, students and workers respectively and thus a healthy organized organization is at your service.
Download your file below.
Medication Intake Schedule
File Size: 99 KB