Vehicle repair & maintenance
A log book is used for various purposes to keep a record of various types of entities. Vehicle repair logbook keeps a record of costs or expenses that occur on vehicle maintenance. It shows the way your vehicle is maintained or repaired. This will add to the value of your vehicle at the time of selling.
This log book can be manually created or nowadays one can design it on his own computer using software or it is available in the market in the form of ready to use document. It has some specific features such as it enlists the date of service or maintenance, the description of work, the shop name, contact, the labor cost, and parts cost.
It may also include the receipts and invoices so that you can prove at the time of verification that what work is done to your vehicle.
- The vehicle repair log instructions vary as per the manufacturer such as Toyota or Honda
- It must show the purchase date of a vehicle.
- It must show the number of times and respective dates on which the vehicle is repaired.
- It must show that warranty repair receipt that you obtain from a shop where you take your vehicle for a repair service.
- There must be mentioned the repair order number so that you can easily track.
- There must be a detailed description of problems in vehicles for which you opt a repair and also mention the desired service requires such as oil change.
- It must show the invoice that a repair shop owner issues you at the time when you take back your vehicle from a repair service shop.
A sample of vehicle repair log is given here as a template. Download and utilize to do the job.
Download your file below.
VEHICLE REPAIR LOG TEMPLATE
File Size: 35 KB
Time is changing and people are becoming much concern giving so much time and attention to their vehicle’s repairs and services at a regular time period.
A vehicle repair is a series of procedures carried for the proper maintenance at the set intervals of time for its longtime efficiency. The process is usually carried out when the vehicle has traveled a certain distance after which services are vital for safe travel.
The repair of a vehicle can be divided into two main categories:
- A minor repair which is usually done after every ten to twenty thousand kilometers traveled. This kind of repair includes oil change, car service.
- A major repair is carried out when the car travels thirty to fifty thousand kilometers. Major repair includes changing the tires, replacement of the parts of the vehicle, polish and paint, steering and suspension repair.
structure of the vehicle repair log
A vehicle repair log is a set of tables which keeps a record of all the repairs that are done to a vehicle along with the costs associated. It has columns for defects or problems, repairs-done and all relevant and contact information of the service provider. The main sections are as follows:
- Model and number of the vehicle.
- Date of repair.
- Description of the problem.
- Description of the repair or replacement.
- Costs on each repair.
- Service provider.
A vehicle repair log highlights:
- Total mileage of the vehicle.
- Repairing parts and its cost.
- Service records and dates.
- Fuel consumption and records.
- Replacing of oils and oil filters.
- Electrical repairs if any.
Uses of vehicle repair log:
The positive points of recording down the repair log of a vehicle cannot be neglected. It helps the owner in the following ways:
- It keeps a record of all the previous services and repairs done to the vehicle, thus keeping a track is easy.
- Vehicle repair record log makes it easy for the owner to access and calculate the costs of repairs and services.
- If the first owner of the vehicle sells it out, the buyer can get to know about all the work previously done and what still needs to be done for vehicle’s safe driving.
- The log alarms the owner when the engine and brake oils are to be replaced for reliable running and fuel efficiency.