If your job is of a kind that requires you to use the vehicle of the company, you should be very careful about using the vehicle. When you use the vehicle of the company, you are required to take care of that vehicle as much as possible. Although the company pays for the maintenance work and the necessary repair, if the damage costs too much, you will be in hot water. Considering this, we recommend you to use the vehicle fuel and inspection log.
What are the company vehicle fuel and inspection logs?
This log is a record sheet that is used to keep track of the details regarding the fuel consumption and overall performance of the vehicle. This log is usually used in the form of a sheet in which, the user adds details at the end of every month or a week. This enables the company to keep tabs on the performance of the vehicle as well as the driver. The driver can also inspect on his own.
Why it is important to use the vehicle fuel and inspection log?
We all know that the cost of maintenance and repair is on the rise. As a matter of fact, the maintenance cost rises to 4% of the total cost as the vehicle is used. There can many things that contribute to the increase in the cost of maintenance and repairing work.
Repairing the vehicle of maintenance is not easy. You are required to consider the labor cost, the cost of buying a new spare part, and much more. Minor accidents of the vehicle also play their role in the depreciation of the vehicle.
Sometimes, when you take care of the vehicle and inspect it from time to time, you are likely to reduce the cost of maintenance. In other words, if the problem of the vehicle is determined while it is in its initial stage, it will not cost much.
How to create the company vehicle fuel and inspection log?
Your business cripples when you have to bear the cost of maintenance and repair. However, if you use the log sheet, you can easily prevent most of the maintenance work. Since the inspection log enables you to keep tabs on lots of aspects of the working of the vehicle, you can include the following details to it:
- Add details about fuel consumption
- Name of the driver
- Vehicle name, make, and model
- Registration number of the vehicle
- The total mileage of the vehicle in a specific period
- Details of the driver’s license
- Odometer details
- Details of the working condition of various parts of the vehicle
The inspection log for a vehicle can be created in the form of a checklist or form. The purpose of the sheet is to make the user consider every aspect of the vehicle that must never be neglected. For example, if you forget to consider the fuel consumption details of the vehicle, you will miss out on a very important aspect which will result in many problems such as an increase in the cost of fuel consumption, reduction in the performance of the engine, and much more.
Template for the vehicle fuel and inspection log:
To help those who have been tasked to inspect the vehicle, the template for the company vehicle fuel and inspection log has been designed. This template helps the user in many ways.
- It saves the time of user as the user who gets the template does not have to create the inspection log from scratch. Creating a log is not easy. Creating the checklist involves taking lots of details on board. There are high chances that you forget to add many details. Therefore, using a readymade fuel and inspection log can be a great help.
- The template has a very simple way of helping the user in the inspection. It knows what aspects of the vehicle must be paid attention to and how much.
- It is the best tool for those who want to save the cost of maintenance work since the early and timely inspection helps the user to prevent most of the maintenance work.