There are some companies or businesses that send employees for certain tasks to areas apart from the office. For this, the employee often needs to get paid for the mileage that they covered. This is because they went on a company task and not for their personal needs.
What is a Mileage Reimbursement Form?
A mileage reimbursement form is a form that states the details of the employee and how much they have traveled for the company. This is so that they can get reimbursed for this.
What to Include in the Form?
If you need to create a reimbursement form, you can consider the below points:
- Microsoft Excel– The form can be made in Microsoft Excel. This is because calculations can occur here.
- Company logo– Have the company name or company logo on the form. This will help to know which company it is for.
- Heading– The form needs to have a heading. For this one, it can be a “Mileage Claim/Reimbursement Form.”
- Employee information– A slot for the name of the employee must be present. This is necessary. Other details can be the post of the employee. The home address and account number can also be stated. The account number can help know where the employee should receive their money.
- Date– The date that the form was submitted can be stated.
- Table– A table can be made so that it is simple to fill this in and read it as well. This will have the date when the traveling occurred. The next column will be the purpose of travel. It is needed so that the reader knows why travelling occurred on a certain date. After this will be the start city and then the end city. These details are important as the reader needs to know them. The total miles traveled needs to be present. You can have columns for odometer start and odometer end. A column for the reimbursable mileage should be stated and the total amount to be reimbursed has to be there. These columns will help know how much money the employee needs to be paid. After this, at the bottom will be a row for the total. This will be under the column for the reimbursable mileage and total amount to be reimbursed.
- Signatures– The signature of the requester and authorized approver should be present. This will help make the form authentic.
The reimbursement forms have the following advantages:
- It is a formal and easy way for an employee to state their mileage for a company project so that they can be reimbursed for this.
- It can be kept as proof if some issue occurs later on, like the employee claims they were not paid for the mileage done for work.
If you need to travel for work purposes, then your company may reimburse you for the miles traveled. It is necessary to save these details in a proper way. This can be done with the help of mileage reimbursement forms.
Format: MS Excel (.xlsx) | File Size: 91 Kb