All of us sometimes, come across an unbalanced situation where we feel need to perform some analytical tasks to analyze the problem we are facing. The basic purpose of analyzing the problem is to know the root cause of the problem that occurred. In this way, an organization can easily solve the problems it faces.
Problem analysis defines the way a problem is identified and eradicate. A problem analysis can be made using different techniques. One of the techniques is to use a graph. A graph helps identify the flaws with better visual representation. Usually, a Pareto chart is used if we are working in MS Excel.
Problem analysis with Pareto chart
Pareto chart is identified by a bar graph. Through lengths of the bars we can symbolize frequency or cost or in other words represents time or money. The longest bars show on the left side and the shortest to the right. By this, the chart visually illustrates which states of affairs are more important.
Pareto Analysis is a numerical method in controlling used for the assortment of a restricted number of responsibilities that produce the important complete effect. Basically, it works on the Pareto Principle which is generally recognized as the 80/20 rule, according to from this idea that by performing 20% of the work you can produce 80% of the advantage of doing the total job.
Use of Pareto Chart:
- As soon as considering data about the frequency problems in a process.
- Once there are a lot of issues and you need to focus on the most noteworthy things.
- While considering extensive reasons by looking at their precise constituents
- When interconnecting with others in case of your data.
Pareto Chart Process
- Select what types of classifications you will use to group objects.
- Choose what kind of dimension is suitable. Common measurements are quantity, frequency, time and cost.
- Select the exact time duration for completion of the Pareto chart like one work sequence, a whole day or one week.
- Save the data, recording the grouping every time.
- Summation of the measurements for all categories
- The dimensions which you have collected define them on a proper scale.
- Marks and tag bar for each category.
- Determine the percentage of each category.
- Evaluate and draw growing amounts.
Problem analysis template:
The problem analysis template is the tool used by the people who concerned about analyzing the problem in detail in an attempt to know the cause of the problem and its consequences. The template basically provides all the steps following which will enable the user to reach the end results that will be very beneficial for him in the future.
The template ensures that the user understands the information obtained from the template in a better way by giving illustrations in the form of diagrams. The user finds it easy to use the template since it enables him to customize it to make it well-adjusted with his particular needs.
Problem Analysis Template
Format: Microsoft Excel 2007-2013
File Size: 23 KB
What are the main components of the template?
The main details that re-added to this template are:
- The complete timeline stating the reason for the problem, consequences of the problem, the strategies to solve the problem and a lot more is included in the template.
- The details about the team of people that will be responsible for analyzing the problem in detail are also mentioned in the template.
- The template also describes the results that have been obtained from the use of problem analysis template
- The template also identifies what actions should be taken by the team members for solving the currently occurring problem and avoiding the problem in future.
What are the benefits of using the template?
The key benefits one can avail by using this template are:
- The template defines everything related to the problem clearly and helps the user in devising the methods to get rid of that problem.
- The use of the template also ascertains that the analysis is being conducted conveniently without any hassle.
- Implementing different strategies for solving the problem is also possible by using the template.