Often various establishments that are in the manufacturing business need a list where all of their products including their prices are stated. This list is then sent over to various companies and retailers so that they have an idea of what an item costs and what should be the profit margin kept when selling it to customers.
Not only manufacturing companies but also stores keep a price list of the inventory they have to make selling easier. This price list of their inventory helps them keep check and balance and at the same time sell their goods to consumers.
What is the price list inventory?
A price list is a document that is used by a merchant to record the prices of the products he sells. It enables him to manage custom pricing. It is recommended to every seller and merchant to use the price list.
A price list of the inventory should contain a list of all the products which can further be divided into groups. For example, if a retail store needs to have an inventory list they should divide it according to the products they sell.
For example, clothes should be further divided into pants, shirts, suits and etc., crockery should be divided into utensils, dinner sets and etc. After division, a column should be dedicated for the prices. It is best that this column is divided into before and after-tax to get an even better idea. The product code is also a necessity that helps to organize the inventory even more.
Always make sure that whatever industry you are dealing with, the price list inventory should be made accordingly. Various industries have various products and entities under them so each and everyone should have a separate list. This gives it a more organized look and working in such a manner of boosts effectiveness.
What are the benefits of a price list?
There are several reasons why companies are asked to use the price list. Some of them are given below:
- The price list represents the standard price of every item. Every customer who enters the shop gets to know the identical prices. This means the standard prices are set by the price list
- When the customers enter the shop and see the product they want to purchase, they ask the sales representative about the price of that product. The sales representative can immediately consult the price list and tell the price. This saves the time of both the shopkeeper and the customer.
- It is not easy for the inventory owner to remember the price of every product. The price list enables him to access the price information of any product whenever it is needed.
- The price list also lets the user know about the sales and discount offers if the shop is offering on any product
- The price list makes the inventory owner deal the customers with more professionalism and in an organized manner
Price list inventory:
The price list in the form of a spreadsheet document is available on various websites. The purpose of the price list inventory is to provide the maximum ease and comfort to the user. For example, if the prices of the items change, and the inventory owner is required to update the prices, it becomes very daunting to do it manually since there are thousands of products in the inventory.
The price list inventory template changes the prices of each item automatically. The user is required to provide the percentage rise or fall in the price of the item and it will change the price. Most of the companies are implementing the use of price lists for their inventory through the template because of the ease and comfort it comes with.
Download your file below.
Price List Inventory Template
File Size: 31 KB