It is a good idea to know how much you spend on different required expenses. In this way, you will know how much money to save for these and how much you can use for something else. One very important thing that we all need is food. Having a food budget will help you out.
What is a Food Budget Template?
A food budget template tracks food expenses for a household. It can break down your spending by things like category, location, as well as the date.
What to Include in a Food Budget Template?
If you need to make a food budget template you can consider the below points:
- Microsoft Excel– You can use Microsoft Excel to create this template in. This is because it is possible to do calculations in this easily.
- Save whenever anything is brought– To make yourself less confused, you should save the details of what has been brought whenever you buy it. When you get home from the market, save the entry. If you leave saving for one day, it becomes hectic.
- Heading– Give a heading to the template like “Food Budget.” This will let you remember what the template is for when you need to consult it later.
- Table– After this, in table form, you can include different details and fill these in.
- Date- State the date when you brought the particular item. This will let you remember what date something was bought. You will, therefore, have a detailed budget.
- Category– In the category option, you will say whether you brought sweets, fruits, vegetables, meat, drinks, etc. You can know what type of item you spent money on.
- What– This option states exactly what you brought. This includes things like candies, coke, beef, apples, water, rice, etc. From this, you will know on what items the money was spent.
- How many– In the food budget, it is important to know how many items were brought. This helps calculate the budget properly.
- Price per item– This is a very important part of the template. Write the price carefully. With this, you will know how much the product is for if you need to consult the template later on as well.
- Price (sum)– This field will calculate how much altogether was spent on a particular item.
- Where– This will list where the product was bought like grocery, fast food, home delivery, coffee shops, restaurant, etc.
- Total– At the bottom of the price (sum) option, the total can be calculated for the period.
Advantages of the Food Budget Template:
The food budget template has the following advantages:
- Allows one to know how much they spend on food in a month or whatever time period is needed.
- One can keep aside the required money for food as they will know how much gets spent on this.
A food budget template is a helpful template for the home. It lets one know clearly how much they need to keep for food. Therefore they will not be faced with having a shortage of cash later on for food because they used that money somewhere else.
Format: MS Excel 2007/+
File Size: 89 KB