A work rotation schedule is a job schedule which is used for the workers in the company. When an employee works for a set of hours in a day and then another employee is required to start that work, then work rotation schedule is used. The main objective of using this schedule is to shift the working hours of an employee. In this schedule, a day is typically divided into three sections. Each section comprises of 8 hours.
The 8 hours shift is rotated among 3 different workers. Usually, this schedule is used by those industries or companies which work 24 hours a day. A work rotation schedule is very useful for an organisation which wants to work smoothly. Each labor in the organisation is given an equal amount of time to work due to the frequent work rotations. The work rotation schedule also works as a calendar for the employees, which works as a communication tool between the employee and the organisation. Each employee in an organisation works on one shift for a week and then the shift is rotated to another set of hours.
A readymade template of this schedule is also available on the internet. The template provides the easy way to a person to follow the rotation schedule. You just have to enter a number of months for which you want to make the schedule and then provide the rotation pattern you want to be followed in an organisation. You are also required to provide the number of hours you want to work and also the number of shifts to be applied.
How to use Employee Work Rotation Schedule Template
Given Work, rotation schedule is helpful for all those managers who want to keep a record of different shifts and working hours of employees. At some places working schedule may keep continuing for 24 hours for which employees need to shift their duties at regular interval. Usually, three shifts are followed that comprises of 8 hours for each shift. The practice followed for this type of working environment put employees to work at different shifts. An employee working in morning shift for one week can be put to evening shift for next week and hence for night shift for upcoming weeks. To keep a record of shifts for each day becomes hectic if a proper schedule planner is not maintained. Here is given a work rotation schedule template that will help you do this task in a comprehensive way. Follow the instructions below to use this template for productive results.
- Download and save a copy of this template to your computer.
- This file is in .zip format. So extract it in your local computer folder to obtain Microsoft Excel .xls format file.
- Open this file using Microsoft Excel Software.
- On the top right corner choose the week for which you want to maintain a record of shift rotation.
- The format is designed weekdays wise, starting from Monday to onward. You can still change this order as per your requirement.
- Three shifts timings are given by default. Left these timings if it is according to your requirement or change it to the timings you following at your workplace.
- Enter the employee’s names. In the worksheet, it is given only six but you can add or remove as per your case.
- For each employee enter his/her shift duty. Just type “Continue” under the shift for which the employee is working. You will see its color will change.
- For each day if an employee has performed his/her duty it will be count as “1” in the last column. Write “Sick” if an employee is absent for the reason.
- Fill this sheet for shifts of one week for all the employees.
- At the end, total working days along with total pay is calculated for each employee.
- For more weeks copy and paste this sheet to continue.
Hope you will like this worksheet and for any shortcomings, you find please write in comments so that we can improve it to its best use. Thank you!
Download your file below.
Employee Work Rotation Schedule Template
File Size: 35 KB | Download