Food is what makes everyone happy and puts a smile on everyone’s face! Food is that source of happiness that can be gotten easily and which fulfills the heart. And food that is made by one’s own hand is the best of all! Many people enjoy cooking their own food and enjoy searching for new and innovative recipes which they can make. For these recipes, they need to have certain ingredients which aren’t available in one’s pantries and in one’s kitchen. That’s why they need to go run out to the store and fetch those ingredients.
Many times one doesn’t comprehend how expensive a recipe can get and that’s why many times is usually off the budget. This is why one needs to make use of a recipe cost calculator which calculates exactly how much a certain recipe will cost you and if you’re on your budget or not.
For this one just needs to enter a number of ingredients that one needs to go buy and a number of ingredients the recipe requires, how much each ingredient costs and then upon pressing enter, one gets an average estimate of how much a recipe will cost. By making use of a recipe cost calculator one is not only getting an idea of how much money would one have to spend on a particular recipe but also would be able to adjust the budget accordingly and decide whether the recipe is worth the hassle or not. Note that this calculator gives an estimate and not an exact amount!
A recipe cost calculator is something that can help different businesses out. You can make this template which is not something tough to do. If you are running some restaurant or simply wish to figure out the cost present to prepare a dish, this calculator can help you out. To find out more continue reading on.
What is a recipe cost calculator template?
This template is able to calculate the cost of the main as well as additional ingredients employed in the preparation of the dish and the actual cost involved of preparation, like labor cost and cost of the utilities. The preparation of nearly any product requires the use of certain products, materials as well as physical labor. This calculation is something that is necessary, especially when you are preparing this with the aim of getting a profit.
How to create the calculator template?
You can tell that this calculator template is something that is important. To make it you can consider the below points:
- Use Excel– Microsoft Excel can be used to make this calculator template.
- Details to include in the spreadsheet– You can include the date, dish name, estimated sales price, the total cost, cost margin and net profit of the particular dish. A pie chart of the cost distribution can even be made.
- Primary ingredients– Another area on the spreadsheet can list the primary ingredients. This can include the product name, quantity, cost (per unit) and total cost. This can be a table. The total of this can be calculated.
- Secondary ingredients- Below this another table listing secondary ingredients can be present. This will include the product name, quantity, cost and total cost. The total can be calculated of this as well.
- Utility and preparation cost– This will include the total cost of preparation, gas, electricity, and water. The total can be calculated of this as well.
- Some other details– Allergies and preparation can even be included. At the end of the spreadsheet, you can state who the dish was prepared by, approved by, and their occupation.
- Businesses can calculate the cost of dishes to know the different costs of everything.
- Sales goals can be met and costs can be minimized when knowing where money is being used.
A Recipe Cost Calculator template can be made in Microsoft Excel. This can help you know the cost of preparing different dishes.
Recipe Cost Calculator Template
Download your file below.
File Size: 52 KB