In Today’s modern world, many industries use the terminology work estimate. Estimation is a vital part of any project before taking it in hand. Work estimate often referred to as job estimate is the process of prediction which provides the clients and other stakeholders with a detailed look of calculations associated with a job.
While buying a product the purchaser keeps an estimated amount in mind but this is not applied to a job service where you are asked to estimate the amount you ask for the service. This is a tactful feature because if you demand a high price you might lose your work and contrarily if you go for a very lore estimate then there will be no profit for you in the service.
- Determine and fix the labor cost as this much rate per hour or this much rate per service. Secondly how much material is needed and what will be the estimated cost of each material used in the work.
- Determine the percentage of profit you need to take from the cost of labor and material
- Create a document in categories in which you have to enlist all the services material and estimated cost accurately.
- For a handwritten list choose letterhead with your business title or logo with contacts.
- Fix an expiry date of the estimated cost to let your client know the duration of the contract this is because with time all the related cost will change and labors are not ready to work at a low price.
- List the date and take signature from the client also
- Give the copy to the client as a record, keeping another copy with you
This manual document takes a long time to compose, instead, it is better to use free templates from websites with a customizable approach and prepare your work estimate document by just downloading the template and filling –in the specifications.
The phenomenon also indicates the charges and costs of specific work undertaken by a person.
Preparing and communicating a work estimate for a customer is the first step in the process that includes:
- Providing a rough estimate.
- Prepare an official financial quotation to the client.
- Make a work order.
- Invoices when the work is completed.
Structure of a work estimate format:
A typical work estimate project consists of:
- Business address and contact number of the company providing the services.
- Contact information: to whom shall be contacted if the client has questions to ask regarding the proposal.
- Description of work.
- Costs associated with each task and a total estimate at the end.
- Important note for a reminder to the client.
The template is designed for the companies that are providing services to other businesses, with an initial estimate of the costs of the work they will be doing for them. At times it is not possible to guarantee the cost of a job, and on the other hand, clients do not like to be surprised and charged with increased prices by the provider.
Benefits of work estimate template:
The widely acknowledged benefits of the work estimate template cannot be neglected. Some are given as follows:
- The tool is specifically defined as a company’s structure and demands. The best work estimate template is the one, which fits the company’s setup.
- Work estimate template saves time, and calculations regarding a specific job are done within seconds.
- The tool saves the excursion level of an employee and saves him from long calculations.
- Chances of error are reduced, as it is software specifically designed to calculate the costs associated with tasks to be done by the external people.
- The template can be easily customized according to a company’s structure demand and is friendly in use by the employees.
- The tool helps in the successful completion of projects with the required and available resources in a disciplined manner.
File: Excel (.xlsx) 2007/10
Size 19 Kb | Download