With advancing technology, various aspects of human life are also changing because it directly affects them. Machinery and other equipment have made life easier both in personal and professional terms. It has a huge impact on the outcomes of our daily life and continues to provide amazing technology to make life easier and easier.
What is a heavy equipment maintenance log?
Heavy equipment maintenance log refers to the document or a worksheet that records the entry of heavy equipment at a store. This equipment is required for building homes, offices, and other spaces, repairing processes, mining loading, etc. but since they are heavy and expensive, this equipment cannot be owned but rented for a limited period of time. Heavy equipment usually refers to large machines such as bulldozers, excavators, skid steers, and cranes which perform different tasks of loading and excavating, etc.
Since the wave of do-it-yourself is prevailing, people tend to take matters into their own hands. Large equipment may require extra care, but it is possible to use it with background knowledge. Regular maintenance of heavy equipment is very important to ensure its safety through repair and conducting repeated tests. Maintenance log records renting period of equipment, entry and exit date, repair and maintenance work.
The listing of equipment can be different for various stores but some contents are general about the maintenance of equipment. These contents are generic however in special cases, other entries can also be made.
Generally, the following information is provided by the equipment maintenance log.
- List of equipment: The maintenance log maintains a list of all the heavy equipment found at the store so that every piece of equipment is accounted for. Moreover, many stores maintain a separate logbook for every piece of equipment to make the recording process more organized and efficient.
- Renting period: it refers to the specific time that a particular piece of equipment was rented to another person. Logbook separately enters the date of exit and entry of every piece of equipment(s).
- Renter’s information: name, ID, purpose of rent, and other information about a renter is added for retrieval purposes.
- Condition: condition of the equipment is mentioned after the renting period is over to evaluate the working condition.
- Maintenance: all the repairs and maintenance conducted on the equipment is mentioned to make sure that it is fully functional.
Equipment maintenance logs are important and this could be due to various reasons. For example:
- It records every entry thus, making it easier to track any equipment.
- The recording makes the process of repair and maintenance feasible because higher demand for any equipment can wear it out therefore, continuous tests keep it maintained and functional.
- In case of faulty equipment, the renter can be held accountable.
Format of the log
Maintenance logs are comprised of 2 or more columns arranged in a tandem manner where each column represents a separate category. These logbooks are usually simple without any design and also provide information about the month, and name of the store.
Logbooks provide the freedom of customization because they can be customized according to one’s needs. More columns can be added to provide detailed information about equipment which makes it easier to perform maintenance.
- Summer Party Budget Worksheet
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance Log
- Driver Daily Mileage Log
- Salary Certificate Format for Bank Loans
- Office Party Budget Worksheet
- Music Concert Budget Worksheet
- Customer Account and Balance Form
- Payslip Template for Excel
- Welcome Party Budget Worksheet
- Annual Dinner Budget Worksheet
- College Party Budget Worksheet
- One-year Financial Planning Worksheet
- Building Maintenance Worksheet Template
- Any Year Calendar with option to Add Holidays
- Academic Activity Budget Worksheet